Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cooper, Cooper, Cooper

Well today I pick my child up from daycare and as I enter the building his class is lining up at the door to go outside. As the class recognized me several shouted out, "Cooper got his name on the board...with a star(even worse)!" The look on Cooper's face and I knew it was true! What's worse is that he not only got his name on the board, but sent to the office, a slap on the hand, and a note sent home! What tha... Why is my child turning into a little monster? We got in the car and when asked why he got his name on the board, he said, "Mom, I'm just a bad kid." After explaining to him that he was not a bad kid, but that he was acting bad, he told me he didn't want to go back to school. His attitude didn't start getting this bad until he was moved up to the 4 year old class. I'm beginning to wonder about the influences in this class. Not that I am blaming Cooper's behavior on anyone else, but he used to be so sweet! No he is EVIL!
I think the biggest struggle with being a parent is discipline. That and being consistent with your spouse on disciplining. I was hoping for a few more years of a sweet child, but I guess that is lost forever. I'm kind of sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment